Every attempt is made to rotate meetings among college health services who volunteer to serve as hosts and select one college from the north, central and southern areas of the state during each academic year.
Interested in hosting next year? Email Kyle Weisholtz, corresponding secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or indicate your interest to serve as host on the Request for Programming and Host Sites form at the spring meeting.
Host College Responsibilities
- The representative of Host College (HC) will be contacted after the June executive board meeting by the corresponding secretary. The corresponding secretary will inform the HC of the date selected for the general meeting they wish to host for the upcoming academic year.
- The HC will investigate and confirm the following with the corresponding secretary:
- Institution’s approval to host the meeting
- Any conditions or requirements their institution may have (e.g., insurance)
- Availability of appropriate space and parking for meeting attendees
- Costs for:
- Room rental fee
- AV or other miscellaneous costs
- Continental breakfast
- Buffet lunch
- Wait staff
- Trash pick up
- Once the costs are approved by the treasurer, the corresponding secretary will contact the representative of the HC.
- The representative of the HC is responsible for reserving space for the meeting and any audio-visual equipment needed by the speakers.
- The representative of the HC is also responsible for breakfast and lunch arrangements.
- The vice president will handle arrangements for the program schedule and presenters, and will contact the representative of the HC with equipment needs.
- The corresponding secretary will contact the representative of the HC for directions to campus, campus map and parking permits, if required.
- The treasurer will provide the representative of the HC the number of confirmed attendees at least one week prior to the meeting.
- The representative of the HC should direct associated costs for the meeting (e.g., food bill, etc) to the treasurer for payment.
- The treasurer will directly handle vendor arrangements.
- The HC is responsible for posting NJCHA logo directional signs around campus for way-finding by meeting attendees at least 2 hours before the meeting begins. The HC is also responsible for seeing that arrangements are in place.
- The representative of the HC or designee must be present at least ½ hour before the meeting begins to greet vendors and guests and problem-solve any unforeseen issues that may arise (e.g., room locked, AV equipment absent, etc.)